This guide covers how to safely upgrade Lotus when running a miner.
The are two types of upgrades. The upgrade in-place is the default procedure and just updates the software. The upgrade with reset removes all the data and starts from scratch:
- Safely shutdown your Lotus Miner as explained here.
- Shutdown any seal workers
- Shutdown your Lotus Node (
lotus daemon stopor
systemctl stop lotus-daemon)
- Pull the new version and rebuild. For more information read the Lotus installation guide again:
export RUSTFLAGS="-C target-cpu=native -g" export FFI_BUILD_FROM_SOURCE=1 git pull git checkout <tag_or_branch> git submodule update make clean make all make install
- Start the Lotus daemon and wait for sync:
lotus daemon # or when using systemctl systemctl start lotus-daemon
lotus sync wait
- Start your miner and your workers
Upgrade with reset
- Backing up your Lotus wallets
- You may want to backup your Lotus Node and Miner configurations as well.
Once you are ready, stop everything and delete the data folders (or rename them):
# Assuming you are using the default data folders rm -rf ~/.lotus rm -rf ~/.lotusminer rm -rf ~/.lotusworker
After that Lotus applications will start from scratch.